Crime Prevention

2017 Crime Stats: 146 ? Murders 0 Kidnappings (Ransom)

Share:

<< Home Forum Index Add Your Comment

Trinidad & Tobago Crime Forum

Thu, 27th April, 2017 - 2:58 pm GMT Available Pages below buttons for Crime Prevention. Use the "Add Comment" button above to give your view. You do not need to register.
Sponsored Links:

Written by: Pandora - 28th Jan, 2011 - 3:29am Trinidad Safety Reply
I think it's very important for all of us to have the following phone numbers handy in case of an emergency and train our children how to use them properly as well.

Police 999

Fire & Ambulance 990

Anti Crime Hotline 555

Kidnapping Hotline 623-6793
Written by: News - 9th Jul, 2009 - 2:43pm TT Crime Reply
Many ways to fight crime

HERE are 13 ways to fight the crime situation in Trinidad and Tobago. Ref. Source 3
Written by: Geenie - 25th Nov, 2008 - 4:22pm Trinidad Safety Reply
One question. Are these tips those that the police or any other professional agency would suggest?

Actually, it was the Head of Security in one of the places that I worked, emailed all the staff members about these security tips.

Best thing you can do is develop streetwise skills. That comes with being smart about the people you're around, where you go and all that. I never find myself doing things at the same time, same location, etc.

I agree with you. To outsmart these criminals, you have to be able to think like them!

. Do you have a source for where they got this like a study or something?

Unfortunately no. Some of these emails are sent by concerned individuals who are constantly doing research of crime, diseases etc. It is difficult to determine where the information comes from but I do know for a fact that there are people who do conduct these studies for the sake of learning how to out manoeuvre criminals....
Written by: Liming - 24th Nov, 2008 - 7:55pm Trinidad Safety Reply
That is some interesting points there Geenie. I did not know things such as a woman's hairstyle is so important for the rapist. Do you have a source for where they got this like a study or something?
Written by: Geenie - 24th Nov, 2008 - 7:37pm Trinidad Safety Reply
THROUGH A RAPIST'S EYES

A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim. A friend of mine sent this to me and I decided to post it here:

1) The first thing that men look for in a potential victim is the hairstyle. Rapists
love women with a ponytail, bun, braids, long hair or other hairstyles that can
be easily grabbed. Women with short hair are not common targets.

2) The second thing rapists look for is clothing. They search for women whose
clothes are easy to remove quickly. Many of them may even carry scissors
around to cut clothes.

3) Rapists look for women who are talking incessantly on their cell phone,
searching through their purses or doing other activities that distract them from
being aware of their surroundings. Rapists choose these victims because they
are caught off guard and can be easily overpowered.

4) Rapists usually attack and rape early in the morning at about 5 am or 8:30am.

5) Number one place for women to be abducted/attacked: Grocery Store
Parking lots.
Number two place is Office Parking lots/garages.
Number three is Public Restrooms.

6) Most of the time, rapists grab their victims and quickly move the person to
another location, where they know they will not be noticed nor get caught.

7) Once the victim fights back, this may discourage the rapist, since he will realise
that it will be too time consuming to commit the crime.

8) Rapists said that they would never choose women who carry umbrellas or
other objects that may be used from a distance in their hands. Although keys
are not a deterrent, they can be used as a weapon if the attacker is close
enough.

9) Rapists are always searching for an easy target. If he approaches you, hold
your hands in front of you and yell "STOP or STAY BACK!" Some
rapists would flee when a victim yelled or showed that they will fight their
attacker.

10) It would be prudent to carry pepper spray. If you have it on you, yell at the
attacker, I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY!" and holding it out will serve as a
deterrent.

11) If the rapist is physically bigger and stronger than the victim, there are three
ways to successfully fight off your attacker:

I) Pinch the rapist very hard under the arm or on the inner thigh. One
woman did this to a guy who tried to date rape her and she pinched his
underarm so hard, it broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands: the
guy had to get stitches.

ii) Kick for the most sensitive area in a man: the Groin!

iii) If the attacker puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and
bend them back as far as possible, applying as much pressure as possible.

GUYS PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO ALL YOUR FEMALE RELATIVES AND FRIENDS! IT COULD SAVE THEIR LIVES!
Pages: 1 2...

Select any page number button above to see more crime topics.
Sponsor Ads:

Crime affects all of us. Add your comments without registering.
Other T&T Topics

Share:

Search via our Community for:

Crime Prevention - TT Crime Coded by: BGID®  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 2006-2017
Disclaimer  |  Privacy  |  Report Errors / Contact  |  Credits

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

T&T Highlights

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 5.1 Days Ago
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 1 Week Ago
Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By JoePublic 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:00pm
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 14th Mar, 2017 - 9:43am
Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By JoePublic 1st Mar, 2017 - 11:28pm
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JoePublic 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:12am
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By News 26th Jan, 2017 - 11:32am
Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 21st Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 6th Dec, 2016 - 4:04pm
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By RayTT 17th Oct, 2016 - 2:29pm
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 1st Oct, 2016 - 11:25am
Mental Health In Trinidad: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Felipe 28th Aug, 2016 - 2:17pm
Human Trafficking In Trinidad?: Human trafficking in T&T is more prevalent that we may know. By JoePublic 29th Jul, 2016 - 12:26pm