Woman Steals Newborn From Hospital

2017 Crime Stats: 360 ? Murders 6 Kidnappings (Ransom)

Share:

<< Home Forum Index Add Your Comment

Trinidad & Tobago Crime Forum

Sun, 24th September, 2017 - 10:13 am GMT Available Pages below buttons for Woman Steals Newborn From Hospital. Use the "Add Comment" button above to give your view. You do not need to register.
Sponsored Links:

Written by: Pandora - 29th Nov, 2007 - 1:22pm Trinidad Safety Reply
Some law and order? I would say that's debatable. In any case, does the bail has to be so little? 50,000! I would assume at least it should be a 6 figure number!
Written by: BRANDON3366 - 29th Nov, 2007 - 12:39pm Trinidad Safety Reply
We live with some law and order, Murder and treason are the only non bailable offence. She is considered to innocent until proven guilty of the alleged crime.
I hope the police and the lawyers representing the state do their job effectively.
Written by: Pandora - 29th Nov, 2007 - 11:56am Trinidad Safety Reply
After paying $50,000 in bail, the woman who stole the baby from Mt. Hope is out of jail. I just cannot understand how a serious crime like this can allow a criminal to pay bail. Shame.

KAVITA Ramdial, who is accused of stealing baby Jeremiah Henry from the Mt Hope Maternity Hospital on November 16, was released from the Golden Grove Women's Prison yesterday morning, after posting $50,000 bail.

In Ramdial's second appearance in court on Tuesday, she was granted bail by Magistrate Jo-Anne Connor at the Tunapuna Second Magistrate's Court. However, she was not immediately able to secure her bail and spent the night in prison.

Yesterday, several curious onlookers gathered to get a glimpse of Ramdial, 21, who was expressionless as she walked out the prison gates.

As Ramdial greeted her family outside the prison, a male relative hurled threats at the media. She was then hustled into a waiting vehicle...
Written by: BRANDON3366 - 23rd Nov, 2007 - 7:16pm Trinidad Safety Reply
I am sorry to say it happen in our country and it show where we are in comparison to the rest of the world in solving crime.
Our new government has it work cut out to improve the safety of mothers,children doctors,nurses and patients in a place which is normally a safe place.
I am glad to know the mother has reunited with her new baby and the woman is charged for the offence.
Thanks to 555.
Written by: Pandora - 23rd Nov, 2007 - 1:54pm Trinidad Safety Reply
The woman has been charged. I just saw the pic and I was surprised at how young she is, plus the description the police released was that she was a light-skinned Indian woman, definitely that's not what I see.

KAVITA Ramdial was last night charged with stealing newborn baby Jeremiah Henry from the Mt Hope Women's Hospital and is expected to appear before a Tunapuna magistrate today.

Ramdial, 21, of Oliver Trace, Mt D'or Road, Mt D'or was arrested at her house on Tuesday morning by officers of the St Joseph CID who, acting on a tip-off, went to the house where the baby was found.

The child's parents, Sheldon Henry and Nekesha Noel were contacted soon afterwards and were reunited with their son.

Baby Jeremiah was allegedly stolen by a woman dressed in a nurse's uniform from the maternity ward on Friday, ten hours after his mother gave birth...
Pages: 1 2...

Select any page number button above to see more crime topics.
Sponsor Ads:

Crime affects all of us. Add your comments without registering.
Other T&T Topics

Share:

Search via our Community for:

Woman Steals Newborn From Hospital - TT Crime Coded by: BGID®  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 2006-2017
Disclaimer  |  Privacy  |  Report Errors / Contact  |  Credits

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

T&T Highlights

Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By JoePublic 3.8 Days Ago
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 4 Days Ago
Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By Westmoorings 16th Aug, 2017 - 2:13pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By News 12th Aug, 2017 - 6:34pm
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 12th Jul, 2017 - 10:03pm
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By Extra! 29th Jun, 2017 - 1:43pm
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 27th Apr, 2017 - 10:49pm
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JoePublic 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:12am
Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 21st Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By RayTT 17th Oct, 2016 - 2:29pm
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 1st Oct, 2016 - 11:25am
Mental Health In Trinidad: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Felipe 28th Aug, 2016 - 2:17pm
Human Trafficking In Trinidad?: Human trafficking in T&T is more prevalent that we may know. By JoePublic 29th Jul, 2016 - 12:26pm