Brian Lara's Niece Grabbed

2017 Crime Stats: 158 ? Murders 0 Kidnappings (Ransom)

Share:

<< Home Forum Index Add Your Comment

Trinidad & Tobago Crime Forum

Fri, 28th April, 2017 - 4:01 pm GMT Available Pages below buttons for Brian Lara's Niece Grabbed. Use the "Add Comment" button above to give your view. You do not need to register.
Sponsored Links:

Written by: Pandora - 19th Aug, 2007 - 4:30pm Trinidad Safety Reply
Kaisofan, I know now where the misunderstanding is coming from. I should have explained myself better when I said :

I still not understand how Trinis can continue living a "normal" life among the jungle we live in

It is not in reference to this case itself, if you notice, after that I said I hope this is a lesson for those who like to hang out in unsafe places. My rant was about the whole crime situation we live in.
Written by: kaisofan - 19th Aug, 2007 - 4:13pm Trinidad Safety Reply
LDS_forever, this is clearly one of those situations where we are each seeing only our side of the discussion. Mine is that when something happens, we can criticise the act that takes place when it is something that is based on irresponsible behaviour on the part of the person. As in this case, Brian's niece and her male friend were in a dimly lit place which can appear to anyone anywhere in the world to be an invitation to rob them or worse.
My main point was, why when disagreeing with what happened do we have to make reference to your comment
I still not understand how Trinis can continue living a "normal" life among the jungle we live in

We can responsibly agree to disagree since otherwise we will both be saying the same thing over and over again.
Written by: Pandora - 18th Aug, 2007 - 2:14am Trinidad Safety Reply
Kaisofan:

Really it was a question of why we act as if this is unusual to Trinidad.

Do we? How?

I take note of comments by LDS_forever, but I do believe that there are places where you can go in all countries and places NOT to go in all countries.

Of course! My whole point (based on experience) was that some Trinis love to say it happens everywhere...yes...it does but by saying it is not going to make it go away, our focus should be here because we live here, no?

Written by: kaisofan - 18th Aug, 2007 - 1:52am Trinidad Safety Reply
undecided.gif The "know" Trinidad was an error. Really it was a question of why we act as if this is unusual to Trinidad. I take note of comments by LDS_forever, but I do believe that there are places where you can go in all countries and places NOT to go in all countries.
My point is, we can say that these things should not happen in Trinidad but there is always the approach that when something bad happens it's all about Trinidad and not that a stupid act took place with the expected action.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.
Written by: JB - 17th Aug, 2007 - 2:33am TT Crime Reply
QUOTE (Kaisofan)
Why do we continue to know Trinidad when anything happens.

What do you mean by why do we continue to "know" Trinidad?

As for the story... I hate to say you get what you are asking for, but as usual it seems that some Trinis just do not wish to come down to earth with how dangerous it is to play with their lives. Was that a Mercedes I saw on TV 6? Goodness, more attention!
Pages: 1 2...

Select any page number button above to see more crime topics.
Sponsor Ads:

Crime affects all of us. Add your comments without registering.
Other T&T Topics

Share:

Search via our Community for:

Brian Lara's Niece Grabbed - TT Crime Coded by: BGID®  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 2006-2017
Disclaimer  |  Privacy  |  Report Errors / Contact  |  Credits

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

T&T Highlights

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 17 Hours Ago
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 17 Hours Ago
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 1 Week Ago
Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By JoePublic 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:00pm
Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By JoePublic 1st Mar, 2017 - 11:28pm
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JoePublic 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:12am
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By News 26th Jan, 2017 - 11:32am
Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 21st Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 6th Dec, 2016 - 4:04pm
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By RayTT 17th Oct, 2016 - 2:29pm
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 1st Oct, 2016 - 11:25am
Mental Health In Trinidad: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Felipe 28th Aug, 2016 - 2:17pm
Human Trafficking In Trinidad?: Human trafficking in T&T is more prevalent that we may know. By JoePublic 29th Jul, 2016 - 12:26pm